Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Coastal Cilentana

A few weeks ago, we went to Palinuro with the Heaths, and it was a beautiful day to see the three grottos and to take a boat ride aroundd the coast. Our guide pulled into a beautiful little spot and let everyone go swimming if they wanted to.  We had a delightful day.  I wish that I had brought my suit.  So I couldn't go swimming.  I put my toes in though and took pictures of the clear blue green water.




As you get closer to the grotto, the water turns the prettiest blue you ever saw.  And inside there is an underground tunnel that brings light into the grotto and turns the water into this incredible blue, which is called Palinuro blue.


We had a nice boat ride for about an hour. And we saw lots of cliffs that gave you were in ancient days sailing into unchartered lands.









After our boat ride, we drove up above the town and found an elegant hotel that we wished we had found earlier and stayed at.  It had a breathtaking view of the sea.







 We had a tailgate lunch with Pannini and fruit juice.


             It was a wonderful relaxing morning.





















No comments:

Post a Comment