Thursday, November 20, 2014

Learn a new thing each day


At our District Meeting yesterday, Sorella Barrona gave a really good lesson on Knowledge.  Knowledge is one of the Christlike Virtues that are listed in Preach my Gospel, and it is a virtue that I need to seek.  She said that every evening at dinner time, her dad would ask his children to name one thing they learned that day.  In fact, her dad had a small journal that he kept each day that listed one thing he learned each day.    She asked us to pair up and share one thing that we learned the day before.  It was very interesting to think about, " what did I actually learn yesterday"

                            In the Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:61 it says:



                                            And in Section 30:19, it says:



I think that we need to pay attention and learn from the people around us; our family members, our neighbors, and even from those who have different opinions and beliefs.  

We can learn from our trials and from our weaknesses.  

We can learn so much through observing nature and the creations of God.  

God gives us so many opportunities to learn and grow.

D&C 88:118 says to "seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning even by study and also by faith.

My parents, my husband, and his parents are such good examples of ones who seek learning.  I am going to keep a little journal now about just one thing I have learned each day, so that I will be more obedient to the Lord's council.

(As I was just making myself a fruit smoothie, I learned that the strawberries I thawed out a bit before adding them to my drink, were actually cut up red bell peppers!  Does that count?)






No comments:

Post a Comment