Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Crazy afternoon

My washer broke yesterday.  The rubber backing of a throw rug came off in the washer and stopped up the draining tube.  The cycle finished but the tub was still full of water.  It is a front load washer type and so when I opened the door, I didnt notice the water still in the washer and the door opened nicely and dumped a million gallons of water all over the floor, which ran into all parts of the house.  We told our landlady and she said she would get someone to fix it.  I stayed home all day yesterday  waiting for °someone° to come.  They didnt.  This morning ourlandlady came by and said someone would be here at three to fix it.  So at three, two repair guys, my landlady and her husband all came in and started all trying to fit into my skinny little bathroom where the washer was.  They were all speaking loudly and  they were all speaking very fast.  I tried to explain the problem, and then they opened the door to the washer and my bathroom and hallway flooded again.  They found the problem and had to go to the store for a part and then they came and dumped the washer on its side and more water ran  out into the hallway again.  I have used up every towel and rag that I have.  After about two hours they say it is fixed and they all leave.  I thankfully start a load of dirty wet towels and voila my washer is not holding any water but  all the water that should be inside the washer, washing my towels is running out the bottom as fast as it enters.  Unfortunately, I didnt discover it til it had again flooded three rooms.  So I mopped and wrung out the colored towels that were waiting to be washed in a second batch.  I think I will just not worry about that washing machine any more tonight.  I think the problem is that the drain hose is not connected at the bottom of the machine now and so it is just draining all over the floor.  Who knows.  Paul was gone all afternoon as the repair men were here and asking me questions.  He is at presidency meeting now.  Tomorrow, we go to Roma for our zone conference.  So I guess we will think about washing machines on Friday.  A little excitement to ones day is never bad, because it helps things not be ordinary.  Today was definately not ordinary.!!!!
I dont want to make anyone jealous but we did have a delicious lunch.  We had prochuto, and melone and mozzarella di buffola.  There is nothing better in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment