Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cute legs

I have been reading the New Testament lately and I really enjoy 1 Timothy chapter 4.  I totally agree with verse 8 which says that, " bodily exercise profiteth little; but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of  that which is to come."

I like vs. 12... "Be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith,  in purity."

I have been pondering a bit on verse 14: "Neglect not the gift which is in thee."
I know that we all have been given diverse gifts.  I sometimes wonder what my gifts are.  Learning Italian is definitely not one of my gifts, but it is certainly Paul's.  I look around at the people in our little branch.  They have a great diversity of gifts.  One sister is so very kind and patient.  One sister is the best teacher I have ever heard.  One sister has so much love for the unfortunate, one sister has a great thirst for learning about the gospel.  One darling sister makes the most delicious cakes and cookies, and another sister has a gift of languages.  One sister has a gift of enduring well, and another sister has a gift of healing.  One young convert has beautiful legs.  I have noticed that she wears the cutest stockings.  
I have started taking pictures each week of her different stockings.  They wouldn't look good on most people, but they are perfect for her.  When I read verse 14, I think of her and her cute legs.  She has not neglected her gift.  She has added upon it.









                                                            My favorite pair !







No comments:

Post a Comment