Friday, November 8, 2013

I am grateful for my family

I have been reading in Ephesians and Galatians and Philippians this morning and I thought of my family several times as I read.  Whenever I read Galations 5:22-23, I think of my Mom giving Tommy the challenge to memorize that before he was baptized.  And I think that most everyone in our family memorized it. Thank you mom for influencing our lives for good!   "The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness faith, meekness and temperance."  That verse helped us all to recognize when we have the spirit.
I have used this scripture so many times for Holy Ghost talks at Baptisms and in lessons and talks in church, and with investigators here in the mission.

Ephesians 1:16 describes what I do every day.  I also "cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers."   I also do as it says in Philippians 1:3-4,   "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.  Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy."

We pray for each of you every day, morning and night, and sometimes in between.  We certainly give a lot of prayers every day.

And when I read  Ephesians 3:14-19 I wanted you, my family to know,  that I feel the same for you as The apostle Paul did for the saints in Ephesus when he wrote, "I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man that Christ will dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints  what is the breadth, and length, and height; and to know the love of Christ which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with the fullness of God."

I think that each of you are "rooted and grounded in love".  I hope you feel our love for you and even more, that you feel the love that Heavenly Father has for each of you.  "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

I pretty much have half of the verses underlined from Galatians 5 through Ephesians and through all of Philippeans.  If I had to pick my favorite it would be impossible.  But I will add two more for you to ponder.

Philippeans 4:11 says, " ......I have learned , in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
(That is really hard sometimes for me to do and I think it's hard for all of us at various times.)

Verse 13 of the same chapter says, "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHEN ME!!!"   (I added the exclamation points!). What if we really believed verse 13?
Wow it would be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment