Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gratitude is the sign of noble souls- Aesop

Our granddaughter Isabel learned this quote by Aesop.... and dressed up in her pilgrim costume and said, "Gratitude is the sign of a noble soul."  I really like that.  When I am grateful, I feel like I am at my best self.  I love to be around people who remember to be grateful.  I don't like to be around someone who complains all the time.
We have so many things to be grateful for at this time in our lives.  The #1 on my list is family.  How blessed we are to have 8 children and 16 grandchildren.  What a wonderful blessing we had this year to come back to Utah for Jon's wedding, and to be here with all of our children (except Mike who is serving our country in Bahrein).  14 of our 16 grandchildren made it to thanksgiving.  We enjoyed an unbelievable feast with everyone at Paul and Sarah's house.  


Lauren helped me make the turkey relish plate.






                           All the children ate outside in the garage at the kid's cafĂ©.




                                                   We got a game or two of Settlers in.



                                 We brought all the kids an Italian soccer shirt.


                                                   The sun was a little bright!
                I  am so thankful for family.    What a blessing to have 16 grandchildren.









No comments:

Post a Comment