Thursday, January 30, 2014

Anyone want some fish?

One of our members likes to fish.  Yesterday he gave us a whole box full of fish.  There were about 100 small shrimp, 10 nice small size white fish and 4 or 5 eels!!  



I wanted to throw them away and get the fish smell out of our kitchen.  But Anziano Scherbel hates to waste anything.  He called our friend Ivan, who is a cook, and asked him to come over tonight and to show us how to cook these fish. 




After about 1 and 1/2 hours of gutting and shelling the fish, we were ready to cook them.  I was very leery about eating the eels.  The shrimp looked good, and the other fish looked ok.  Ivan cooked about half of the shrimp and fish and all of the eels.  The rest, he is going to come over tomorrow at noon, and cook into a Risoto.  

I don't have any pictures of us eating the fish.  But just let me say that it was delicious. I ate some shrimp first and they were so good, then I tried a small white fish.  Yummy.  I didn't want to try the eel, but Ivan looked so sad that I wouldn't try it, so I broke down and  tried a small piece of eel.  And I liked it so much that I had two more pieces.  It was the best tasting of everything.  We just squeezed a bit of lemon juice on top and picked out the bones, and it was very very good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment