Thursday, January 9, 2014

Two new missionaries

Today was transfer day.  Goodby to Elder Ostler, who has been here almost as long as we have.  He is going to Gela, Sicily, where they have only four regular members attending church.  We love him like a son, and we will miss him so much. 



 Sister Buckley, our quiet, calm, adventuresome sister, went to Fogia and we will miss her too.  



But we got two new missionaries that look fantastic.  We are excited to get to know them and work with them.  
Sister Motsvotai is from Manti and she is tall and lovely.  She is a foot taller than Sister Ghio...and they will have fun with that.  They will definitely attract attention.



  Here they are at our favorite pizza place, "Donna Sophia's".



Elder Duffin is our new Elder and District Leader.  He is tall also, and from Sandy, Utah.  He seems like a very hard working elder.  I like him a lot already.


Today, my son, sent me the following quote by President Benson.  I think it describes these missionaries very well. I have read it before, and believe it is very true.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Geri, just wanted to say hi! I am really enjoying your posts about your mission. Though Dave and I are far from serving one ourselves, you make me look forward to that adventure! We send you a big snowy hello from northern Michigan!

    ReplyDelete