Friday, March 14, 2014

I have it easy...why do I stress

Yesterday, as we were going over our weekly planning, Paul told me about three appointments that I didn't know about.  A couple of them were either right before or right after some other appointments.  I didn't know how I was going to get food fixed for the company we were having Saturday-Sunday, plus prepare for the appointments we already had.  So of course, I started worrying about things.  

And then I read my scriptures!!!!!!!   The answer was right there out of the Old Testament. I didn't have to worry about a thing.
     In 1Samuel 28:20, 21, 22 & 24, it says:

And Saul had eaten no bread all the day, nor all the night.
   And the woman came unto Saul.... And said unto him.....
      Let me set a morsel of bread before thee; ......
           And the woman had a fat calf in the house, and she hasted and killed it, and took flour, and   kneaded it, and did bake unleavened bread.

Do you see why this was a timely message just for me.  Why am I worried about making a simple meal.  I certainly don't have to kill the cow and get it cleaned out and then cook it and then make bread!  I have got it easy!  
I am certainly glad I live now.  We have microwaves, grocery stores near by, and freezers to pull out a previous made meal from.  I will just be thankful that I don't have to go kill the chicken, or the cow, or go catch the fish if I want to eat something special or feed company.  I am blessed!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment