Monday, March 3, 2014

Right Makes Might


I have been reading the Old Testament this year and I love it.  Right now I am in Joshua.
I just finished reading about Caleb when he was 85 years old. (That is how old my Dad just turned 2 weeks ago.  I can imagine him saying this also.), 

Caleb said, in Joshua 14:10-12.  "....and now, lo, I am this day  fourscore and five years old.  As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: (he was 40 then) as my strength was then, for war, both to go out and to come in.  Now therefore give me this mountain."

And Joshua reminds the children of Israel in Joshua 22:5:  "But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of The Lord charged you, to love The Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways,  and to keep his commandments, and to cleave to him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul."

I think that if we are right before The Lord, then we will be mighty and strong, even as Caleb was, even as my dad is, even when we are 85 years old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment