Monday, April 28, 2014

Loving our friends

I spoke with Christy yesterday and she told me about how much she loves teaching her little primary class.  Yesterday, the lesson was on "how can we show love to others".  She said she asked each of her 6-7 year olds how they can show their love for their friends or family.  Each child gave their individual answer.  When she got to Collin, he sat thinking for a long time without answering.  So she gave him a specific situation to help him along.  She said, "what if your best friend fell down and scraped his knee, and it was bleeding a little and he was crying.  What would you do to show him love?"  He quickly responded with, "I would run home and pick out the most perfect bandaid and then I would put it on his knee, and it would be all better!"
She and I loved his answer.  "I would pick out the most perfect bandaid.!"  
I need to do a better job of picking out band aids!  Sometime I just pick out a "one size fits all wounds."
Everyone needs the most perfect bandaid!  
Thanks Christy for sharing this with me.  Children can certainly teach us so many precious truths.


No comments:

Post a Comment