Thursday, April 11, 2013

Visiting teaching

Our small branch just got the visiting teaching and home teaching organized a few weeks ago. Paul has about 8 families to home teach.  I was assigned to go with Maria to go visit two sisters who live about 1/2 hour away.  One sister is Carrie who just joined the church a year and a half ago and the other sister is Stefania who was the past branch president's wife and she is the mother of the darling three adopted children from Mexico who are the only children in our branch.  I drove, and this was the first time for me to drive farther than just to the store, so that was an exciting experience for me. We found the right town and visited with Stefania first.  Maria does not speak any English, so I asked her to give the lesson to Stefania in italian of course and I would give it in English to Carrie who is American.  Maria is a convert of just over a year also.  And this was her first time ever going visiting teaching.  The lesson was on temples.  So Stefania mostly gave the lesson to Maria and had a wonderful chance to explain about temples. I was not sure how to get  to Carries house, so Stefania rode her daughter's little bike in front of my car and led the way to carrie's house which was just a few blocks from her house.  Since Carrie was a new member, we had a great chance to teach her about how to prepare to go to the temple.  She translated what I said in English, to italian for Maria, so both new converts were able to learn about how to prepare for the temple.  They are both so excited that the Rome temple is being built. Both sisters shared special spiritual experiences surrounding their conversions.   I felt very spiritually fed and very excited to have been able to visit teach for the first time here in Italy.

1 comment:

  1. maybe you could invite your members to start learning now how to get family names ready for the temple

    ReplyDelete