Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Elder Bandiaky



Elder Bandiaky has been here in Battipalgia for 3 months.  He is such a good elder.  He hurt his knee a few weeks ago and has had a lot of pain with it. He found out that he has to go home until his knee is better.  He lives in northern Italy.  We are all so sad that he has to leave.  There is a family of six getting baptized this Friday whom he has worked with and taught.  He gets to stay to baptize them and we are very thankful he can have that blessing.  Last night at the close of English class, I was asked to say the prayer.  I said, "we are thankful for Elder Bandiaky, and Heavenly Father, please bless elder Bandiaky",  except I was so overcome by the spirit, that I couldn't even say his name the second time for about sixty seconds.  I felt at the time, that we were all so blessed to have been around this wonderful missionary, and of course Heavenly Father would bless him.
Today, during scripture study, I read a verse that made me cry and think of my experience while praying last night.
D&C 46:30
He that asketh in the spirit asketh according to the will of God, 
Wherefore it is done even as he asketh.

So I know that the Lord will definitely bless Elder Bandiaky and that all these experiences are according to his will.

Anziano Scherbel calls him Anziano Badkneeaky.

Look at that smile and you can just tell what an awesome young man he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment