Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our apartment

Here are a few pictures of our apartment.  The first one is the entry hall.  The picture on the wall is of our landlord.  He was a fireman.  He is now about 75. We have a lot of pictures up on every wall.  there are also a lot of framed certificates and I think I counted abut 18 calendars hung up everywhere!
As you enter the apartment, the kitchen is off to the right. It smells terrible still even after I have cloroxed everything.  I think it's the drains that get a sewer backup smell.  It's worse early in the morning.  Anyone have any ideas.  I have poured Clorox down the drains several times a day.  But I think it's from the whole apartment building which is 6 stories high.


You can see that I have no dishwasher.  I was so happy to buy a dish drainer!  We also bought a microwave.  The gas stove works for two burners.  The oven didn't burn the cookies I made.  All the floors are beautiful marble.  The chairs in the kitchen are pretty rickety

2 comments:

  1. When Paula and I were in China we stuffed the drain with a rag to prevent the sewer smells from coming into our apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri----
    It was thrilling to hear that you and Paul are mission presidents in Italy. I just assume Paul went on a mission to Italy years ago. What an exciting adventure of hard work you will be on. I love reading your blog and hearing your experiences and your testimony. You will be powerful missionaries.
    I am sure that you heard that your Dad and Mel Hutchins had their jerseys retired last week at the BYU game. They made a big deal out of it and it was pretty impressive. Your Dad and Mel spoke. Your Dad was so darling as he talked about all the players and how they each found a girl who said Yes to their big question of marriage. Your mom was there and looked really good. It was on TV so we got to see it in Fresno. They showed some clips of their past games. It was a cool presentation. Good luck on your mission and it will be fun for me to follow your adventure. Much love, Kris SMith (email is kristinkayrichey@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete