Monday, February 11, 2013

Tender mercies February 11, 2113

Before I forget, I need to jot down a few tender mercies that we have had the past few days.  Paul went to get the oil changed in our car, and the mechanic was just checking the tires on his own and found a long screw embedded in the tire.  It was really a blessing not to get a flat tire out on one of these mountain roads in the rain.  Another tender mercy was that I found three separate large shards of glass in the kitchen as I just happened to look down and see them before stepping on them in bare feet.  I was very grateful for that!
We are on our way to Rome today for zone conference tomorrow with Elder Kent Richards of the 70 as our speaker.  he gave a great talk in conference last April titled The Atonement covers all pain.  I have read it many times this last week and have learned so much from it. I think you all would really enjoying reading it again.  He quotes Orson F Whitney, "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted.  It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude, and humility. ...It is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire."

No comments:

Post a Comment