Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Amalfi Coast

The sisters wanted to see the Amalfi Coast while they are serving here. It is a part of our branch area. Our branch includes all the way up to Positano.  So we left about 10:30 and had a delightful drive on a beautiful sunny day.  There were white fluffy clouds and we couldn't have ordered better weather and temperature.  We drove all the way along the coast.  The roads are as narrow as can be.  They were designed for horses, not cars, I am pretty sure.  And when two buses going in the opposite direction have to pass each other, it is incredible to watch his close they come to each other and also to the side walls. If the scenery ever lacks, you are constantly entertained by the scary, curvy, narrow drive.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures.  The first town after Selerno, is Vietri Sul Mare.  They have a cathedral and bell tower which are tiled with majolica which looks like ceramic tile.  So this first picture is of that.  The other pictures were taken all along our path.  I wish that I could show each of my family and friends this beautiful part of the the world.  Every turn seemed more beautiful than I could even wrap my mind around.  Every view was breathtaking.









No comments:

Post a Comment